This painting was first inspired by the Tall Trees in Victoria, Australia which has evolved into a more abstract piece. The colors are so inviting, you will feel encouraged to inspect further. The plant shapes are familiar and noticeable but the piece still remains so abstract that your mind feels free to wander.
I have used a drawing method of scratching back to reveal complementary blue, green and yellow undertones in the background paint layers. Thick acrylic paint is used to achieve the textures showing the history of the paint application and mark making; the way you can see through to the under painting where I have scratched creates an overlapping pattern with a beautiful rhythm of colors and textures.
– Professionally framed in White Victorian Ash float frame, ready to hang.
– It comes with string/wire on the back to hang the artwork.
– The sides of the canvas are painted light gray.
– The work is varnished for protection front and sides.
– Signed at the back with my name, date, and artwork title.
– In situ photo not to scale